Short & Sweet Reviews: Graphic Novel Edition #11

Descender Vol 1: Tin Stars
Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen, Steve Wands

The second volume of this series was nominated in the Booktube SSF Awards so I wanted to see what the fuss was all about and picked up the first volume. I did really enjoy this book, and found the conflict to be very compelling. The art style in this one was kind of hard to get used too but after the first issue I was really into it. I recommend if you want a science fiction comic.

4 out of 5 Stars


Ms. Marvel Vol 5: Super Famous
 G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa, Adrian Alphona, Nico Leon

I forgot how much I adore this series! I didn't realize how much I missed Kamala until I started reading this volume. Mr. Marvel is a full Avenger now and is trying to balance everything. This is another fantastic volume in this series and if you haven't already check out Ms. Marvel, I highly recommend.

4 out of 5 Stars



The March of the Crabs Vol 1: The Crabby Condition
Arthur de Pins

I received a copy of this book from Boom! for an honest review. This is a quirky book. It follows a group of crabs that cannot change direction. This is a funny little book and I haven't read anything else like it. I enjoyed the characters, I could put myself in their shoes and realize how mundane their lives would be. As a biologist, I definitely giggled while reading it. If you're looking for something completely different, check this one out.

3 out of 5 Stars

 Lumberjanes Vol 4: Out of Time
 Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters, Brooke Allen, Grace  Ellis , Maarta  Laiho, Aubrey Aiese

I love this series! It's hard for me to say a lot about this volume because spoilers BUT it was fantastic as always. I liked learning more about the history of the camp and the adventure in this volume was pretty crazy. The characters in this series are absolutely amazing. Read it!

5 out of 5 Stars


No comments :

Post a Comment