Short and Sweet Reviews: Graphic Novel Edition #9

I received a copy of these books from Netgalley for an honest review.


The Backstagers #1 - #2 
James Tynion IV & Rian Sygh 

The publisher provided me with a copy of the first issue of this series and I adored it so much that I picked up all the singles that are currently available! This series is hilarious and endearing. It reminds me a lot of Lumberjanes, in that it follows a quirky group of characters that have ridiculous adventures. I highly recommend checking this series out. The art and the colours are awesome. I can't wait to finishing reading the issues that I haven't got to yet.

5 out of 5 Stars


Goldie Vance, Volume 1 
Hope Larson & Brittney Williams

This is an adorable comic. I love the setting and how Goldie is an aspiring detective. It's a great all-ages comic that is still engaging for all readers. The mystery in this arch was interesting and it felt high stakes. I highly recommend this comic series to anyone who is tired of superheroes and wants to try something new. AND as an added bonus, there is an LGTB romance blooming!

4 out of 5 Stars 

No comments :

Post a Comment