Top 10 Tuesday: 2016 Releases I Meant to Get To But Didn't

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week we are talking about the 2016 releases that we really want to read but just haven't got to yet. I broke up my to-read shelves onto more organized shelves so my to read 2016 publication shelf is pretty huge. So here are the 10 books from 2016 that I still really want to read. 

  

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - I just picked this up on a sweet eBook deal for only $2.99. I can't wait to read it very soon.
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - Victoria Schwab became my new favourite author this year so I was pumped when this was also on a sweet eBook deal. Definitely now on the top of my list.
And I Darken by Kiersten White - My library has some copies of this and I have tried to get it a few times. Something else kept getting priority but still on the to read list.

  

Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst - I have been excited for this titles for awhile now but it was only recently released. It will be one I get from the library soon.
As I Descended by Robin Talley - This one is another one I will likely get at the library someday. Seems up my alley.
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis - I have seen this on a few people's best of 2016 lists. It's getting a higher place on my TBR soon.

   

Adnan's Story by Rabia Chaudry - I just finished listening to the podcast Serial so I want continue more into this case. It's a crazy case and I would love to hear more.
Wenjack by Joseph Boyden - This is an incredibly important Canadian book. It's about residential schools; it's the true story of a boy who tried to make his way back home but didn't make it. I am currently on hold for it at the library so I will read it very soon.
In The Country We Love by Diane Guerrero - I have heard lots of people talking about this one this year. Especially with the current climate, this story is extremely relevant.
A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy by Sue Klebold - I read the book Columbine by Dave Cullen last year, and I think hearing Dylan's story from his mom would be eye opening to mental health issues and grief.



No comments :

Post a Comment