Review: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

Genre: Contemporary
Publication: November 1, 2016 by Delacorte Press
Pages: 384 Pages
Source: Library Hardback
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary 
Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.


The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

My Thoughts
I really enjoyed this book, which says a lot because I typically avoid YA Contemporary. I feel in love with Nicola Yoon's writing when I read Everything, Everything so I knew I had to pick this one up. I am still sitting on this book but I can definitely say it was pretty awesome.

I knew I would really love this book when I read the chapters told by "the universe". I loved the combination of science and fate. If you didn't already know, I am a biologist so science is kind of my thing so I loved that Natasha was into science. However, one of my small gripes was that Natasha was a bit too much of an objective thinker and couldn't believe in magic even a little. There will always be things we can't explain so why not believe in a little magic?

This book was definitely something I needed. It had a special kind of magic that I typically only see in movies. Yes, the romance is kind of far-fetched but I love to believe in love. You can always do with some heart melting romance to brighten you days. I definitely recommend this one.


No comments :

Post a Comment