Review: Good As Gone by Amy Gentry

I received a copy of this novel from Netgalley for an honest review.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery
Publication: July. 26, 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Pages: 288 Pages
Format: eArc
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary
Thirteen-year-old Julie Whitaker was kidnapped from her bedroom in the middle of the night, witnessed only by her younger sister. Her family was shattered, but managed to stick together, hoping against hope that Julie is still alive. And then one night: the doorbell rings. A young woman who appears to be Julie is finally, miraculously, home safe. The family is ecstatic—but Anna, Julie’s mother, has whispers of doubts.  She hates to face them. She cannot avoid them. When she is contacted by a former detective turned private eye, she begins a torturous search for the truth about the woman she desperately hopes is her daughter.

My Thoughts
I don't know with this one. It was very hot and cold for me. Sometimes I was really into it, and then I would just get lost. For me, the mystery thriller aspect of this book wasn't very strong and the twist was pretty much revealed early on because of the way the story was told.

However, I was very intrigued by the story and wanted to know how it ended even if I saw it's end point. The story line jumped back in time which is what confused me the most. It brought me out of the narrative and I ended up losing interest in these sections.

I also found the psychology aspect in this book quite interesting. It had interesting commentary, however at the same time I am kind of skeptical. I do have a lot of experience in psychology, so I know it could be a possibility but I also find it far fetched.

In the end, I think if you absolutely adore thrillers then this one would be interesting to you. I was just looking for more out of it but I can see why others would very much enjoy it.


No comments :

Post a Comment