What Am I Watching? | Netflix Edition #1


When I am not reading, I am probably watching a movie or TV. I absolutely love all forms of story telling so I love to watch TV as well. Netflix is pretty much the only way I watch TV.  I don't have cable, and I only watch live TV when I go to my parents house. Now here is what I am watching:

1) Mad Men (AMC)

I am currently on Season 7. I feel like I have been watching this show for ages and I am sad that I only have 4 episodes left. Don Draper is a incredibly interesting character and I may have a crush on him. I highly recommend this series to fans of historical drama. It takes place during the 1960's - 1970's. You get a really interesting glimpse into the lives a bunch of different people during that time who work at an advertising company. I will be finishing this within the week and I am going to miss it.



2) Breaking Bad (AMC)

Right now I am taking a short break from to this finish the end of Mad Men, but I am currently finished until the end of season 3. I am also really enjoying this series. It's different from what I normally watch and I understand why it's been so popular. Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White is extremely realistic. You understand his motives for why he become a meth cook and his performance is really captivating. This is another series I highly recommend.




3) Daredevil (Netflix)

Superhero TV and Movies are super popular right now and the TV steam by Marvel is awesome. Daredevil is a blind character with superpowers which is a really cool addition to the universe, since the first movie from 2003 was terrible. The villain in the first season was amazing, and my favourite kind of villain. I have only watched the first season so far, but the second one just came out and I will be catching up soon.




4) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)

Season 2 of this just came out today so I am not too behind yet. BUT I adored the first season. You might not tell from the other shows listed, but comedy is probably my favourite genre of TV.  This one is just light, funny and would always put a smile on my face. I am going to start season 2 right away and I can't wait. Also, Netflix bought this show after it was given up by a cable network then it became a Netflix hit. The cable network is probably kicking themselves now.



 5) Episodes (Showtime)

If you haven't heard of this show look it up. It follows 2 British comedy writers who take their popular UK show over to adapt it for the US. They then cast Matt LeBlanc as their lead man and the show follows their struggles trying to adapt this show. Matt LeBlanc plays a fictional version of himself that's more like his character Joey from Friends. This show is hilarious and full of dark British humour. It's not for everyone but at least check it out. They just put up season 4, which I am going to watch ASAP.



That's all the shows I am currently watching or about the start again. There a few other things that I watch but I will likely mention them in another post. I recommend all these series, some aren't for everyone but I've been enjoying them.




1 comment :

  1. YES TO (almost) ALL OF THESE. I've never watched Episodes. I've finished all of Breaking Bad a couple years ago. SO GOOD. Also, I'm a bit behind on Mad Men, but I love that show. I think I'm on the season before the last? I'm not sure, it's been a while. You should definitely watch the second season of Daredevil - it's really good. And Kimmy Schmidt is such a silly show. I haven't finished the first season yet, but from what I saw, it's so over-the-top but funny.

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete