Short and Sweet Reviews: Graphic Novel Edition #4

Gotham Academy Vol 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy
 

This was an awesome book. I loved that it was kind of a mystery ghost story, and at some points it even reminded me of Scooby-Doo. The art in this was very well done and I really enjoyed the start of this series. There is still a lot to learn about the characters and the school and I am excited for the second volume to come out. 

4 out of 5 Stars


Chew Vol 4: Flambe
John Layman

I love this series, it's so unique. The story keeps taking weird and hilarious turns. There is always hidden gems in the art work that plays homage to pop culture. Some of the side characters play a bigger role in this one and it was awesome. I can't wait to pick up the next volume! I don't know why I haven't yet.

4 out of 5 Stars 


The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1: Squirrel Power
 & 

This is going to be am amazing series. This is has been recommended to me by a lot of comic book readers and it was perfectly up my alley. A badass women superhero that is part squirrel and who has an equally badass squirrel as a pet, now that's an awesome comic. I highly recommend this series to anyone who wants a fresh superhero, this is funny, adorable and awesome.

5 out of 5 Stars 


Ms. Marvel Vol 4: Last Days
 &  

This might be my favourite series right now. It's awesome and it has heart. I had the silliest smile on my face the entire time I was reading this book. It was exciting and I am actually connected to all the characters. I absolutely love the family dynamic and the possibility of romance. If you aren't reading this series, do it! On a side note, this book has 2 issues of Spiderman at the end which I didn't enjoy as much. However, I am not including it in my rating because it's not part of the series.

5 out of 5 Stars 

No comments :

Post a Comment