TTT: Top 10 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
2015 was an exciting year in books. Tons of amazing books came out and I was excited for TONS of them. However, since I was a busy human I didn't get to every single book I wanted to get to. I barely even scraped the surface of books I wanted to read. So here are the book that were released in 2015 that I still NEED to read.

1) Aftermath by Chuck Wendig - I LOVE STAR WARS. I cried during The Force Awakens. I need to jump into this galaxy more. I picked this book up a few weeks ago so I need to get to it.
2) The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - The premise of this book sounds super interesting and I am very interested. I have seen this at my library and I will likely grab it soon.
3) Secondhand Souls by Christopher Moore - HOW HAVE I NOT READ THIS BOOK YET! It's the sequel to one of my all time favourite books. I pre-ordered it and now it's been sitting on my shelf since August. I must read this ASAP.
4) Lost Stars by Claudia Gray - More Star Wars cannon. I recently picked this up and I am super excited to read it. I heard about it from other Star Wars nerds and they highly recommended it. 


5) The Heir by Kiera Cass - I guilty pleasure loved The Selection and I am stills surprised I haven't read this yet. I think the negative reviews got to me. I vow to read it very soon.
6) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - This is a beautiful book. Normally I don't buy books based only on their beauty but I needed to have a copy of this book. Now that I have a copy I need to read it. It looks so interesting!
7) Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman - I currently have this one out from the library and it's still patiently waiting for me to get into it. I will read it soon because I have to.


8) Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - I read a sampler for this and it definitely sparked my interest. I will grab it from my library soon because I think I'll really enjoy it.
9) A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - This book looks really interesting and I picked it up from Audible when it was on sale one day. I have heard lots of good things so I want to give it a try.
10) Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard - The reviews on this one make me want to read it. Some people hate it, some people love it. I want to know where I sit on that spectrum so I will grab it from my library soon.

What 2015 books did you not get to last year? Let me know in the comments :)

4 comments :

  1. I really wanted to read Secondhand Souls because I loved the first one. Then I realized it's been YEARS since I read it and will probably need to reread it before moving on. Hopefully in 2016 though - I just love Christopher Moore. Good luck getting these read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read A Dirty Job a few months ago in preparation and I've still put it off.

      Delete
  2. I hope you like Lost Stars, I thought it was pretty good. Same for Illuminae. :)

    http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list of books you still need to get to. I have read a few of these myself - Illuminae, Red Queen and Everything, Everything. I LOVED Illuminae, it was such a wonderful and unique read. I also really enjoyed Everything, Everything. I admit to not liking Red Queen, even though every single other person in the history of ever seems to absolutely love it. A lot of the others are ones I still want to get to in 2016 myself.

    I hope you manage to get to some of these soon, and that you enjoy them :) Here's my TTT, if you want to check out my list.

    ReplyDelete