Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Genre: YA, Dystopian
Publication: 02/04/2015 by HarperCollins
Series: Shatter Me #3
Pages: 409 Pages
Source: Hardcover
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Goodreads Summary
With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.

The Shatter Me series is perfect for fans who crave action-packed young adult novels with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu. Tahereh Mafi has created a captivating and original story that combines the best of dystopian and paranormal, and was praised by Publishers Weekly as “a gripping read from an author who’s not afraid to take risks.” Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and satisfying end.

My Thoughts
I finally read this book! How long have I been saying I was going to read this book? Months! I did it, another series done. High fives for me. And surprisingly, I really enjoyed this book. If you have been following my reviews, then you know that I didn't overly enjoy the first 2 books in this series. I only found Shatter Me and Unravel Me to be just okay and problematic so I was very surprised on how much I enjoyed Ignite Me. 

Now, I still don't think Ignite Me is perfect. I still find the romance to be quite problematic. Warner did grow on me but I do still think the whole relationship isn't the healthiest. However, I can look past all of that if I am enjoying the story. This book is about 75% romance love triangle drama and I couldn't get enough. I felt like I was reading a soap opera. I can see why so many people are into this series now.  I am a sucker from romance, what can I say?

I did find that this book wrapped up very quickly. The action at the end only consisted of a few short chapters. I wish that some more attention was put on how they were going to overthrow the Resistance and some of the aftermath from what occurred. It all just seemed too easy. However, I am still in shock that I actually really enjoyed his book and I am excited to pick up other this the Tahereh Mafi writes. 








No comments :

Post a Comment