2016 Bookish Goals

2016 is upon up and it's the time of the year to make some new years resolutions. I have been thinking a lot about my reading habits and I realized I want to give myself some goals. However, at the same time be open to read whatever I want. So here is what I am striving for this year:

1) Read a Total of 52 Books
I have been participating the the Goodreads Challenge for years and I decided that for 2016 I am challenging myself to 52 books. It's a book a week, which I think is very do-able. 

2) Don't Be Afraid of Big Books
I have a few big books on my shelf and I don't want to be intimidated by them. I have put off books that I know I'll love because they are big and I don't want to do that. 

3) Finish These Series:
I have only finished a handful of series in my life and I want to add more to that list. I own The Giver quartet and have only read The Giver. The other 3 are short and I can easily breeze through them. I loved The Final Empire and I need to finish The Mistborn series. I just picked up The Well of Ascension and am anxious to crack it open. I only just started The Lost Hero this month but I want to finish this series this year so I can read the new Apollo series that is coming out. 

4) Start These Series:


I've owned these books for a while now and I need to get to them. The only series that isn't finished yet is The Winner's Curse. The other ones are finished and I need to get to them already.

5) Read More From Different Genres
Looking back on 2015 I feel like I read a lot of YA Fantasy. This year I want to explore more genres and I want to try to read more adult books. I just want to explore more and see what comes. 


Let me know what you're goals are for 2016. I can't wait to jump into more awesome books, bring on 2016!

2 comments :

  1. Ooh! I love your picks! I wanted to read Cinder myself too and it's been on my TBR for a long while :/ It's great that you considered about branching out to other genres, I love YA Fantasy but now really am a huge fan of the new adult genre as well as adult's paranormal romance. As a starting point, I think you can give Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward a try, or probably the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Happy New Year and Happy Reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all of your goals! I also need to read Mistborn this year. Happy 2016!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete