Top 10 Tuesday: Quotes that I Love from Books I Read this Year

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.
Like many people, I don't tend to highlight or commit memorable quotes in books to memory. However, with the wonderful power of Goodreads I can find any I want. So here are some interesting quotes from books that I read this year, brought to you by Goodreads.


"Only by being prepared for your death can you ever truly live."
- A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

"Damn it all, you have been given a life on this beautiful planet! Get off your ass and do something!"
- Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman 

“I can't wait till I have grandchildren. When I was younger, I had to walk to the rim of a crater. Uphill! In an EVA suit! On Mars, ya little shit! Ya hear me? Mars!” 
- The Martian by Andy Weir

“Remember that a fine education can be found in places other than the usual.” 
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

“Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” 
- Snow Life Ashes by Sara Raasch

“There’s something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold.” 
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

“I think we should stop asking people in their twenties what they “want to do” and start asking them what they don’t want to do. Instead of asking students to “declare their major” we should ask students to “list what they will do anything to avoid.” It just makes a lot more sense.” 
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler

“Usually it's when your guard is down that you find yourself saying the most dick sentences of your life.”
- Me and Earl and The Dying by Jesse Andrews

“Our belief is often strongest when it should be weakest. That is the nature of hope.” 
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

“Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” 
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir




No comments :

Post a Comment