Top 10 Tuesday - Book Series That I Have Quit

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish
This week we are talking about Bookish things that we have quit. I decided to talk about all the book series that I have quit. These are book series that I didn't enjoy or like enough to continue with other books. If these are your favourite series, that's great but I just wasn't into them.

1) The Losing It Companion Series by Cora Carmack
Losing It is a New Adult Romance which isn't exactly my genre. I wasn't a fan of the "I'm a virgin and I think people will look down on me because of it" trope. I just don't care what happens to the characters in the other books. I know they follow other couples but I'm not a fan of New Adult Romance at the moment.

2) Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor
I enjoyed the first book but I just don't care enough to finish the series. It's a bit juvenile for me and the mystery isn't enough to make me read the other too. There are just better things out there.

3) The 100 by Kass Morgan
 
I just didn't like the 100 at all. It fell really flat for me. I am not going to pick up the other books and if I have a burning desire to find out what happens I'll watch the TV series.

4) The Ender Quntet by Orson Scott Card
I really enjoyed Ender's Game. It was shocking and awesome. I was on my toes reading the ending of the book. However, I am very happy ending the story there and I don't really need to know what else happens. It works amazing as a stand alone so I am going to keep it that way.

5) The Hundred Oaks Companion Series by Miranda Kenneally
I read Catching Jordan at the beginning of last year and it was very meh. I am not into YA Contemporary, especially when it's just high school/boy drama so I don't intend to read any more books in this companion series.

6) The 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy by E.L James
I read 50 Shades of Grey just to see what all the fuss was about. I came, I saw and that's all I needed. If I want to know what happens I'll watch the movies. (Even that is unlikely)

7) The Clique by Lisi Harrison
I was into this series way back when and I never actually finished the series. I have no plans to ever finish it. It's a very juvenile series and I'm too old for that crap.

8) The Wicked Years Series by Gregory Maguire
I read Wicked a long time ago and it was an OKAY book. I am just not interested in the rest of the series.

9) The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
This is a series that so many people love but I just couldn't do it. I wasn't a fan of Twilight at all and I didn't bother reading the other books. I however saw some of  the movies so I get the gist of what happens.

10) The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I keep saying I'm going to finish this series but the more I think about it the less likely it'll be that I actually do finish it. I just didn't enjoy the first 2 books and I don't feel like forcing myself through the other 2. I own them all because I bought the box set but I doubt that I'll finish them.

That's them all! Let me know what book series you are quitting. 




No comments :

Post a Comment