The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

 
     The Scorch Trials is the squeal to the Maze Runner, therefore I am not going to say too much about the plot. Since it is a sequel, it takes place after the events in The Maze Runner and the Gladers have a new phase of challenges to face from "Wicked".
   
    I liked The Maze Runner, but I didn't love it. I feel the way same about The Scorch Trials. It was okay, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. I felt like the action in this book was slow and I had a hard time getting into the story. My biggest gripe with this book was that I had a really hard time envisioning the descriptions that Dashner was giving us. Especially during the final action sequences, I had a very hard time picturing and even understanding what was even going on. It took me a lot longer than it should have to read just on these gripes alone. I am going to continue with the series, just because this book still leaves you with so many unanswered questions it will drive me nuts if I don't read The Death Cure. (and maybe even The Kill Order).

    Conclusions: I can see this series going downhill quickly. I am very worried about the amount of unanswered questions I'll have at the end. The Scorch Trials were suppose to be exciting and I just couldn't get into it. It will be unlikely that I recommend this series to anyone.

   Rating: 2.75/5 Stars (Do I even like this series?)

No comments :

Post a Comment